About the Business
South Burnett Care (SBcare) based in Kingaroy is the South Burnett's premier not-for-profit organisation with 40 plus years' experience in delivering aged care, disability care, and community support services. We are looking for a person who can live by our organisational values and has a genuine desire to make a difference in a customer focused model of care with integrity and innovation.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible to support the Logistics Team in rostering and administrative functions. This position has been created to manage the growth of our business. You will work with the broader team to ensure customer focused service delivery and provide a supporting role to the NDIS and Aged Care Teams.
Your tasks will include:
- Preparing staff rosters for a fast-paced environment,
- Responding to changes in client service needs and communicating these changes in conjunction with the NDIS, Aged Care and Logistics Teams
- Cover absences by re-rostering to meet the needs of clients
- Contact clients to inform of changes to their services as appropriate
- Forward plan the cover of staff leave within the rosters
- Continually assess the efficiency of the rosters ensuring the needs of clients and the organisation are met
- Working with the broader team to cross check staff and client rosters are effective, efficient and meet the needs of the organisation
- Managing inbound calls and service enquiries
- Support the general administration needs of the organisation
Benefits and perks
You'll become part of the South Burnett Care team and benefit from optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases.
Skills and experience
- Preferable experience in staff rostering/scheduling in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to undertake detailed work and maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Competent with Microsoft Applications; knowledge of computerised rostering (TRACCs would be beneficial) and customer management systems will be advantageous
- Solid problem-solving and prioritising skills
- Experienced in managing confidential information governed by privacy laws
- Experience/understanding of aged/disability care sector and the ability to manage a client case load in a community care service model would be advantageous
- Ability to return a positive National Police Check, NDIS Worker Screening and Working with Children Check will also be required (we arrange and pay at commencement)
How to Apply
Send a current resume with two referees and a covering letter telling us why you are the person for our team.
Closes Friday 5th November 2021